Monday, January 23, 2012

My Brain is not your Dustbin: a Silent Cry of a Kindergarten Child


Dear Mom and Dad, My Brain is not your Dustbin: a Silent Cry of a Kindergarten Child
Dear Mom and Dad!
            It's your kid through Raja Uncle through his blog. You may ridicule my effort, you may think I am talking too smart, but when you enjoyed my over smartness even at a smaller age, when I called "elders" a “Fool”, Mom, you clapped your hands and even looked my Nanna and Nanny with pride of my child prodigy. When some joke is played at the cost of thers, you relish, but this is all about you, just you. You may pretend to miss reading/misreading this; but I know your heart will.
I am not your pet Animal but a baby!        
            When you both showered your love and affection and felt my little sickness as your heart attacks, my cries as Ambulance Sirens and reacted promptly, I have been all along thinking I am in safe hands. But Mom and Dad, how come you never realized that I am not a pet animal but a human baby?
            You trained me like a Puppy to smile, to talk and even cry. When a total stranger came to our house, I was the centre of amusement and you taught me the nastiest terms of “Flying Kiss”, “Good Morning” whether it is 7:00 PM or 7:00 PM and just like a circus animal, made me sing and sometimes even dance! If I repeat the same after my teenage with my boy/girl friend starting from “Kiss” to “Flying Kiss”, will you tolerate? So, this means I can do certain things only at your choice and not mine!
            Ma and Pa, mostly you are either second generation or sometimes third generation learners. That is to say my grandparents whether it’s your parents or Dad’s parents, they are illiterates. So, born of illiterate parents, when you have developed so much, why don’t you apply the same logic to me? When at three years of age, you both have not seen an electronic calculator, I am operating “Paint Brush”, that even now you both do not know.
A Factory Called Nursery School
            When the academics of the whole world repeatedly say that age five is the right age to begin primary education, just for your conveniences you dumped me in a dustbin called Nursery School. There I find teachers behaving like saints in front of you and they instantly turn as “demons”, by the time your heads disappear. It is an abdication and a gross dereliction of your duty to dump me in the dust-bins called “Nursery School”
Shameless Boasting
            How come Ma and Pa, you ask me to be honest and not to tell lies when you bribed the school to get me an admission? What hypocrisy is this? Further you without any shame boast to your friends that you paid a huge sum donation to get a seat for me in Nursery? I feel like spitting on your face and even spitted, but you were thinking it’s my act of love! To boast your status am I a scapegoat? When you justify for bribing a nursery school to get my LKG Admission, would you not grumble if I ask you to pay capitation fee for my Medicine Engineering Courses when I grow big? Again shamelessly you will recover from the bride’s house and I would be sold for a dowry. What is it that you gain?
            What is the joy you derive in reducing me as a “commodity” all through my life?
Dual nature – You are my Guru
            The factory called school has teachers who are not even fit to sell bananas. In fact Mom and Dad, I learn lots of filthy language and nasty words only from them and the ‘Aayas”, who are our God Mothers in the factory called Nursery. When you say Potatoes Chips are junk foods to neighbors, then why the hell you pack the same as my morning snack? You scold grandparents in their absence but speak pleasingly in their presence? What sort of creatures you are Mom and Dad? If telling lies is a punishment if God will blind my eyes, then you and mom should be blind for 1000 lives for the manufacture of lies and double tongued talks.
School Activities – Are Status Symbols
            The School views me as a potential target of monetary exploitation and you two people;s ignorance are their investments.
            Each time when I am asked to come with some projects, you spend thousands to get it from outside – an elephant or a Camel or any other! What you have not shown me in real in zoo or in Television, you brought it to school to boast your status.
            In the sports day, all your cheers on me just sounds like “Come on..Come On”, as shouted in race courses – just like betting on winning horse! Remember I am a baby and not an animal.
Preparation for School Tests
Mom and Dad, I know you are very well versed in English Alphabets and Hindu - Arabic Numerals. Just because you know them too well, you cannot demonstrate your scholarship on me a little three year old child. How long can I be trained as a “parrot”. Would you not let me think? I am your baby and not a “Dust bin”.
Just touch your heart and say, what would happen when I go to Higher Secondary. You bloody know nothing of differentiation or Integration ( calculus) or even Complex Numbers, and you never bother to prove your scholarship in telling “ When I was in school” – a boring nauseating 1947 despicable story.
First know that school tests are the traps set for parents by the school managements to create an impression that the money collected from the parents are spent judiciously. In fulfilling consumer satisfaction my tender fingers are crushed. When I say this, you would smile in as sadistic manner – It is all for good future!
Competitive World – may be Correct, but Not for me
            For the inhuman attitude of teachers on young children and your harshness, Mom and Dad, you would say you that it’s the making of a man/woman. Why not you  please note that we are also human beings. We want to study what we want. The famous Jesus was interested in carpentry, but how many priests would like their relatives to become a carpenter?
Mom and Dad, I know you are entangled in a meaningless, mad race. It’s your chosen path. But please do not pull me inside your dirty path.
            Let me choose my hobbies and recreation. You don’t have to suggest because I am well informed by the television. Please recognize me as a free thinking human being a baby
            That I became your child was not in my hand, but what I should become is my decision. It is my right. Please understand my heart.
A Final Word
            Mom and Dad, my nursery school is not the place to prove your social status. All that I want is clean clothes and not always new clothes. All I want it time for playing and not forced like I am subjected to a mad exercise as it happens now. Please Ma and Dad my head is not a dumping yard. Please don’t dump the dust you have accumulated as your unfulfilled ambitions. Those are yours, never mine! Also you are Parents and not Patients!

(This piece is written On seeing the plight of the tender flowers – the young two, three old year kids sent to factory called “Play School”, “Kinder Garten” and subjected to a meaningless mad rat race, witnessed with a sadistic pleasure of the kids parents (patients?). I would call it a gross violation of human rights, a literal child abuse and a heartless act of a ‘dog trainer’)

1 comment:

  1. I quote "I became a Teacher of Politics and Public Administration by Choice. Interested in Training Young Civil Servants and travelling wide. I firmly belive " A Single Man Can Make a Difference"!!! An Academic who wish to be more responsible at home!" I unquote...... when u have become a teacher by choice ... i hardly could not understand ... what makes a teacher to write a blog n young little buds who are aspirant to see the competitive world with all skills developed..... Arnt your young 'Young Civil Servants' without going this phase reached great heights.....

    ReplyDelete